Announcements and Important Events
High School Winter Sports Season
Winter Sports Practice Information 2020-21
Below are practice times/location for first week of practice/tryouts.
Practice days are Monday thru Friday. Practice days & times are subject to change. Please contact the coach.
BOYS AND GIRLS BASKETBALL
Start Date: Jan 16th
- Jan 16th – Girls Varsity 9:00am – 11:00am; Boys (Tryouts) Freshman, JV, Varsity 12:00pm – 5:00pm
- Jan 18th – Girls Varsity 10:00am – 12:00pm; Boys (Tryouts) Freshman, JV, Varsity 2:00pm – 6:00pm
- Beginning Jan 19th Monday thru Friday
- Freshman Boys Basketball – 3:00pm to 3:45pm in small gym, 3:45pm to 4:30pm in big gym
- Freshman Girls Basketball – 3:00pm to 5:15pm (3:00pm to 3:45pm in big gym, 4:00pm to 5:15pm in small gym)
- JV Boys Basketball – 5:15pm to 7:00pm in small gym
- JV Girls Basketball – 3:00pm to 5:15pm (3:00pm to 3:45pm in big gym, 4:00pm to 5:15pm in small gym)
- Varsity Boys Basketball – 3:45pm to 6:00pm in big gym
- Varsity Girls Basketball – 6:00pm to 8:00pm in big gym
- ***Wednesdays freshman boys and girls basketball will practice from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Start Date: Jan 18th
- Location: Eastbrook Lanes
- Practices will be M-F 3:30pm-5:30pm
Bussing: Rapids bus to Eastbrook Lanes
- From Uprep/Museum #5
- From Central Innovation #6
- From Ottawa Hills #24
- Start Date: Jan 16th
- Jan 16th and Jan 18th 8:00am to 10:00am
- Practices will be M-F 4:00-6:00pm and also T/W/R 6:00-7:00am.
- Location: OHHS Pool
- Start Date: Jan 19th
- Practices will be M-F 3:00-5:00pm
- Location: OHHS Wrestling Room and Balcony
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, Friday in balcony 3:00pm to 5:00pm; Mondays & Wednesdays 3:00pm to 4:00pm in balcony)
FOOTBALL WEIGHT TRAINING
- Practices will be Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri 3:00-5:00pm
- Location: OHHS Weight room
- Mon, Weds, Fri 4:15pm – 6:00pm
- Location: Outside and Weightroom (in weightroom 5:15pm – 6:00pm)
- Staff and students must wear face coverings during practice and while inside the building, meeting rooms, training rooms, and other areas where groups may congregate.
- Social distancing will be in place
- Students should bring a reusable water bottle to practice.
- Practice areas will be disinfected throughout and at the end of each day, and athletic areas will be frequently disinfected during the week.
- Athletics staff will monitor students before, during, and after practices/workouts to ensure effective use of MHSAA/District protocols.
- Students will provide their own water bottles, drinks, or prepackaged food and they will not be allowed to share these items.
COACHES CONTACT INFORMATION
Derrick King @ 616-802-4850, firstname.lastname@example.org
Roya Bruce @ 619-847-5334, email@example.com
Kierra Gardner @ 616-616-438-3540,
Ryan Davis @ 616-706-4205, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine Cole @ 616-633-2411, email@example.com
Eve Julian @ 616-970-1661, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students need to have a physical completed (or MHSAA Health Questionnaire) and $10 insurance submitted to the athletic office before participating/practicing.
- Any questions please contact Marcus Harris, OHHS Athletic Director at 616-819-2879 or email@example.com